For those of you who don’t know one of our athletes, Isabel Carron was awarded a full athletic scholarship to North Carolina State University. North Carolina has one of the best women collegiate XC teams in the US, currently ranked 5th. To be accepted into such a programme it is a testament to Isabel’s athletic achievements, which include:-
- Gold at the 2015 Irish National Championships, winning the 3K
- 2x Irish Junior National Champion in the 5,000m (2014, 15)
- 2x Irish Schools Champion in the 3,000m (2013, 14)
- Competed for Ireland at Schools International level both on the Track and XC
- Competed for the Irish National Junior XC team from 2014-15 (at European XC Championships)
However to obtain a scholarship a high academic level is also required, which Isabel more than achieved with her outstanding leaving cert results.
Isabel started at the college in August, and has settled in well to her new academic and training environment, and we look forward to catching up with her at Christmas.
NC State Athletic team are known as the Wolfpack. You can follow the Wolfpack with the following link NC State Athletics